Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, March 17, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #38

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen, #2)
 
Summary:
 
Handsome, powerful Rurik Wilder holds the power to transform himself into a fierce bird of prey-a gift that's caused death and destruction.

At last he's offered the chance to redeem himself. Only one woman stands in his way-a beautiful writer determined to wreak revenge on the assassins who murdered her family. Assassins, it's been rumored, who have powers no human should ever possess...
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 378 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Publication Date: August 7th 2007 by Signet
 
Quote:
 
“Because I want every breath you take to be empty unless you're close enough to smell me. Every word you speak to be unimportant unless it's to me. Every sound you hear empty unless it's my voice. I want you to remember that whatever pleasure you have from now on, you'll have it from me.
-Rurik
 
I read this one back in 2011 and just loved it. Rurik was a bit of a hard ass but he was pretty damn awesome and in picking this one this week it reminds me that I really have to get back to this series.
 
Have you read the Darkness Chosen series by Christina Dodd? Did you like it? Have you read any of her other series? Which ones?
 
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Well! Whew! I haven't tried hers yet but have seen her name everywhere. I really do need to give her a go. I don't mind those hard-assed heroes at all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You have to :) I suggest reading this series in order though. As Standalone's they don't work well as Standalones :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was a powerful one! Did you just update your template or am I just dense and am just now noticing it? That last one is entirely possible. I probably even commented on it before LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I updated it last Monday, and I've been loving how fresh the blog looks :) Thanks for coming by Tanya.

      Delete
  3. That's just swoon-worthy to the highest level. Possessive but definitely in a good way.. Thanks for sharing! I'll join in this meme next week :) I totally forgot to pick mine this week. LOL.

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've read Christina Dodd yet. This might be a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I have read anything by Christina Dodd, though I have eyeballed enough of her titles for the name to be familiar. I really need to check her out.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!