Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Kisses, She Wrote: A Christmas Romance (The Prince Catchers #1.5) by Katharine Ashe




Kisses, She Wrote: A Christmas Romance (The Prince Catchers, #1.5)
 
Summary:
 
Christmas in town has never been so steamy . . .

Handsome as sin and scandalously rakish, Cam Westfall, the Earl of Bedwyr, is every young lady's wickedest dream. Shy wallflower Princess Jacqueline of Sensaire knows this better than anyone, because her dreams are full of the breathtaking earl's kisses. And not only her dreams—her diary, too.

But when Cam discovers the maiden's not-so-maidenly diary, will her wildest Christmas wishes be fulfilled in its pages . . . or in his arms?
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 176 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Available Formats: Print/E-book
Publication Date: December 10th 2013 by Avon Impulse
 
I'd been seeing rave reviews for Katharine Ashe for a few years now and I've been meaning to try her ever since and the other day I finally got around to doing so, and now I'm kicking myself because I didn't give her books a go sooner.

This was a sweet little historical romance that had just enough steam to really round out the story. I enjoyed that this was a love story with a Plain Jane princess (Jacqueline) and a dashingly handsome rogue Cam.

I liked that Jacqueline was a princess of a made up country but I also liked that she was aware of being plain, but she didn't let it stop her from writing her deepest desires about Cam into her diary. I also think it gave her a bit of an edge because she wasn't like other heroines that use their looks to get what they want, instead she used her brain. I liked seeing her go from being shy around Cam to being really witty in the end and she had me laughing a couple of times.

Cam was the rogue, but instead of being a real pain in the rear, I found that he was softer, more mellow than the usual historical romance heroes. He wasn't really broody and I thought that he could be very charming, plus I love how he was with Jacqueline.

As a couple, these two fit together very well and I love how their romance came about with Cam reading about her fantasies in her diary. I thought it was funny how our rogue found himself tongue tied over what her majesty thought and I loved their chemistry. I thought that the author using the diary in the story was genius and a unique way in bringing the couple together in time for the holidays even though they had obstacles to over come but I enjoyed that the book let the characters romance evolve over a couple of months and wasn't an insta-love type read.

Since this was my first time reading the author I wasn't sure what to expect, especially since this is book 1.5 in the series, but I really think I did the right thing with trying this one out because I feel like I was able to get a good feel for the author's writing style (which I thoroughly enjoyed) and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Prince Catchers series in the near future.

I would recommend Kisses, She Wrote to all fans of Katharine Ashe, historical romance and those who are looking for a light, quit entertaining read about an unlikely couple and their holiday romance. Cam and Jacqueline are sure to make you smile.

Really Enjoyed It!
★ ★
  ★  
 
To "Like" Katharine on Facebook CLICK HERE
To "Follow" Katharine on Twitter CLICK HERE
To become a "Fan" of Katharine on Goodreads CLICK HERE
To visit Katharine's Website CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Kobo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via AmazonUK CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
 
 
 
if-youre-here-blinkie

9 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I read my first by her this past year and really enjoyed it as well! Pirates (including the heroine). Was so much fun and whew her hero was sexy! I need to get on it and read some of her others. Glad this one worked for ya. It's on my list now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pirates! I'm going to have to check that one out :)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it! it sounds like a great romance. Historical romance is one of my favorites.
    Great review
    Ruty@Reading...Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! a fellow HR lover :) I hope you read this one Ruty it was so cute.

      Delete
  3. Kimberly this sounds positively delightful and I don't think I have tried this author. I love holiday themed tales and will add this one to my pile. Beginning in November I gobble these up like chocolates and cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are going to love this one! I'm a Christmas romance junkie too and I wanted to save this for the holidays but I really wanted to give the author a shot. It was totally worth it.

      Delete
  4. This is also the first of Katharine Ashe's books that I've read and I really enjoyed this small serving of a sweet and engrossing love story between a princess and her rogue.

    Camille @ Girl meets Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you liked this one too Camille. It was such a good love story I'm surprised by how much I loved it. Jaqueline and Cam were great together.

      Delete
  5. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most individuals will go along with with your website.

    Ignitiondeck.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!